Are you worried that your property will struggle to sell in the colder months?
Well fear not we have compiled our top tips to help you dress your property this winter.
1. Darker nights
In the winter we all know the dark nights draw in quicker than we all like, this is why it is important to utilise natural light while available during the day. However, if it is dark or dull we need to be able to work around this.
- High wattage bulbs – Cheap but effective way of brightening any room
- Lamps and candles – Will create a warmth and glow to each room
- Have curtains and blinds drawn – Any blockages over the windows may make rooms feel smaller than they are
2. Furnish for the season
It is key to promote warmth and comfort in each room during the colder months. This can be done by.
- Adding cushions or throws to furniture – These will make any item of furniture feel more comfortable
- Light the fireplace – The flames will instantly make any viewer feel warmer
- Winter scented candles – Spiced scented candles will follow viewers throughout each room
3. Keep the garden tidy
We all neglect the garden during the winter, because lets be honest who wants to be out in the cold. However these quick tips will make all the difference.
- Clearing the leaves – Most of the leaves will have blown away by now but if there are a few strays please make sure to clear these away.
- Outdoor lighting – Keeping your garden lit when the nights draw in quickly will not only help viewers see what is on offer but offer a sense of security and warmth.
4. Keep Christmas out
As you will know we are all for Christmas at Halliday Homes, we love to decorate our offices nice and early. However if the Christmas decorations are in the photos it can cause issues for prospective buyers.
- Christmas trees – Often furniture is moved to make space for the Christmas tree this can leave the property feeling slightly out of sorts.
- Clutter – Christmas decoration can seem messy and create clutter, to maximise the feeling of space this something we like to avoid.